Kellogg Brown & Root Services Inc., Houston, Texas, is being awarded a $12,650,509 indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity contract for base operating support services at Naval Support Activity Muhhraq, Bahrain; Department of Defense Dependents Schools, Bahrain School, Juffair, Bahrain; Riffa Army Base, Riffa Bahrain; Sheik Isa Air Base, Bahrain; and Jebel Ali, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The maximum dollar value including the base period and seven option years is $90,838,446.
The work to be performed provides for all labor, supervision, management, tools, materials, equipment, facilities, transportation, incidental engineering, and other items necessary to provide for:
- public safety (force protection)
- housing (unaccompanied housing)
- facilities support (facility management, facility investment, custodial services, pest control services, integrated solid waste management and grounds maintenance and landscaping)
- utilities (utilities management, electrical, wastewater, water (reverse osmosis plant and distribution system), and chiller plant)
- and base support vehicles and equipment.
Work will be performed in Muhhraq, Bahrain (55 percent); Juffair, Bahrain (30 percent); Riffa, Bahrain (5 percent); Sheik Isa Air Base, Bahrain (5 percent); and Jebel Ali, UAE (5 percent), and is expected to be completed by August 2025.
No funds will be obligated at time of award. Fiscal 2017 operations and maintenance (Navy) contract funds in the amount of $7,502,950 for recurring work will be obligated on individual task orders issued during the base period.
This contract was competitively procured via the Navy Electronic Commerce Online website with eight proposals received. The Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Atlantic, Norfolk, Virginia, is the contracting activity (N62470-17-D-4007).